A primer for accessing coverage from your Extended Health Insurance [Billing 101]:
Here are the carriers to which we Direct Bill—
Pacific Blue Cross
Great West Life
Chambers of Commerce
How to make your Extended coverage work best for you at Solace Wellness—
- bring your insurance card to your first appointment (Group name, personal number, etc.)
- read the fine print in your information package regarding Group Benefits for the year
- know what percentage of your payment is covered for this Allowable Medical Expense
- investigate whether you need a Doctor’s note to access coverage
- does your plan apply a deductible amount?
Enhance your Satisfaction —
You may find that these suggestions help you maximize your coverage for services by your insurer:
- Plan your massage “schedule” for the year
- Book either in person at the Centre or online in advance to ensure optimum dates
**People who wait until year-end (November or December) to book several treatments will likely be disappointed when the desired dates are not necessarily available on a last minute basis.
Once a claim has been billed to the insurer, you should receive confirmation from them within 24 hours that the claim is being processed.
Most insurers will provide reimbursement within a week to 10 days, depending on whether you request that it be Deposited Directly to your Bank Account, or a cheque is put in the mail.
Some clients prefer to pay for their treatments, and later make a claim for reimbursement to the insurer. In this case, we are happy to issue a printed receipt or emailed copy, for you to submit.