During pregnancy, your body will go through significant transformation. Prenatal Massage Therapy is a wonderful way to cope with the adjustments your body goes through and helps ease discomfort. Registered Massage Therapy during pregnancy brings about a sense of well being through relaxation and in fact, has many scientifically proven physiological benefits!
How Prenatal Massage Can Help
Studies and research supports Massage Therapy for pregnancy.
Here are some of the benefits:
- Diminished stress hormones in the body
- Helps regulate mood swings
- Reduces anxiety and encourages relaxation
- Helps to relieve stress on the lower back, pelvis, and ankles
- Improves blood and lymph circulation
- Reduces swelling and improves babyʼs oxygen supply
- Relaxes muscle knots that cause cramping, tightening, and stiffness
- Improves muscle and skin tone
- Assists to promote better sleep patterns
- Read more
Our therapists are professionally trained in Prenatal Massage Therapy. They understand the needs of a pregnant body, what techniques to use and how to safely massage to alleviate some of your discomfort. They recognize the importance of positioning the body during a pregnancy massage not only for comfort, but also for you and your babyʼs well- being.
What to expect
Our Registered Massage Therapists (RMT’s) grow with you! We recognize that your changing body will need different support through out your pregnancy. Our Registered Massage Therapists (RMT’s) are happy to offer the following options to keep you comfortable during treatments.
Prenatal Massage Table: this specialized massage table allows a pregnant woman to lie comfortably and safely on her stomach during any trimester of pregnancy.
Prenatal Body Cushion System: this pregnancy cushion is designed to contour a growing pregnant belly. Woman can lie with her stomach supported or side lying. The cushion’s sling comfortably supports the belly at any stage of pregnancy.
Full Body Pillow: This long pillow supports women in a side lying position.