Learn the Ancient Science of Kundalini Yoga from renowned teachers. Connect to your soul mission, recalibrate your energy body, experience your purest consciousness, receive the knowledge & the confidence to build a more peaceful and creative life.
KRI Level One Training:
Lead by Guru Raj Kaur Khalsa
founder/director of 3HO Vancouver.
What is Kundalini Yoga:
Kundalini Yoga is a treasure trove of mediation and lifestyle practices that effectively awaken your innate energy to help you remain healthy and resilient so that you can foster wisdom and connection in today’s world.
The Vision of our KRI Aquarian Teacher Training Programs is to produce teachers of Kundalini Yoga who demonstrate awareness in consciousness, excellence in teaching skills, and serve as an example of depth and maturity of character. To achieve this there are three stages of training with its own tasks, criteria and disciplines. Yoga West from Vancouver and The Solace Centre are collaborating to provide the First, and Second stages of training and supports them with a highly qualified and renowned training team.
The Solace Centre stands in support of individual and collective evolution and the building of character through self initiation and collective tending. Whatever your path, this training offers an internationally recognized qualification and extraordinary potential for personal transformation, held in a supportive and heart-centered environment.
TEACHER TRAINING TEAM
Guru Raj Kaur Khalsa
The team is led by Guru Raj Kaur Khalsa, founder/director of 3HO Vancouver, who brought Kundalini Yoga to Vancouver 47 years ago. Training teachers for 30 years now, she teaches in programs worldwide. She serves on the KRI Teacher Training Executive Council, developing the KRI Aquarian Training Academy. She is in the first graduating class of the Level Three Teacher.
Hari Singh Khalsa
Was one of Yogi Bhajan's original students. He is a co-founder, co-director and the much-loved Head Teacher of Yoga West. Hari Singh holds the vibration of the Amrit Vela as the Sadhana leader at Yoga West every morning between 4 and 6:30pm. In 2006, Hari Singh founded Khalsa Men's Camp and serves as the Camp Director. Along with the many roles that Hari Singh holds within Raj Yog Nivas, he is a father and an accomplished sound engineer and music producer. Inspired by the teachings of Yogi Bhajan, Hari Singh lives and leads a conscious yogic lifestyle that allows him to move through his busy life with strength and stability.
Brings over 40 years of yogic experience and practice to her classes. She came to Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan in 2003 and immediately recognized the potential for deep and integrated transformation that this technology offers. Her strong meditative practice allows for a stable container, in which students can drop deeply into their own experience. She loves the teachings and delivers them with maturity, sensitivity and humour. Nirmal Kaur is a KRI Certified Level One and Level Two Instructor. Along with the many roles that Hari Singh holds within Raj Yog Nivas, he is a father and an accomplished sound engineer and music producer. Inspired by the teachings of Yogi Bhajan, Hari Singh lives and leads a conscious yogic lifestyle that allows him to move through his busy life with strength and stability.
Teacher Training Details
- Posture (asana), sets (kriyas), sound (mantra), breath (pranayam)
- Understanding the mind through meditation
- Yogic and Western anatomy/physiology
- Humanology and 3H0 yogic lifestyle
- Chakra system
- Healing yogic foods and herbs
- Use of ancient techniques of mantra and sacred sound
- Yogic history, philosophy and psychology
- Self-transformation to the consciousness, essence and projection (identity) of a Teacher
- How to prepare and teach Kundalini yoga classes
- How to present yourself professionally as a Teacher
- Attend a minimum of 20 Kundalini Yoga classes during the course outside of class time
- Complete a 40 day meditation and all other monthly assigned meditations
- Complete regular homework assignments
- Complete 15 Aquarian Sadhanas (early morning yoga practice), including 10 group sadhanas
- Complete 21 Stages of Meditation intensive
- Satisfactory supervised public practicum class performance at Yoga West or equivalent venue
- Passing grade on the written final take-home exam
- Entrance and Exit Interviews with the Lead Trainer
- Participation in two of the arranged Practice Sessions (these occur outside of class time)
- Acceptable representation of the Kundalini Yoga Code of Professional Standards and readiness
to be a Kundalini Yoga Instructor as determined by KRI and the Teacher Training Team
- Recommendation of the Lead Trainer for certification
- Certification is dependant on the Teacher Training course fees being paid in full.
- In addition to classes, the curriculum and schedule devote a substantial amount of time and
focus to assigned meditations, reading, written work, and practice teaching sessions.
- A mandatory entrance interview will be scheduled after receipt of your registration package.
- November 11 – 14, 2021
- Nov 27 – 28, 2021
- Jan 20 – 23, 2022
- March 17 – 20, 2022
- May 19 – 22, 2022
- Total cost for the program is $3900. Note: This does not include the price of books nor the price of any other required courses.
- Students receive a T2202A form which allows claiming the program on their tax return.
- Course fees for all instruction
- 10 yoga classes at Yoga West Vancouver
- Students responsible for cost of other 10 required for certification
- A one-year Membership to IKYTA (see: www.kundaliniyoga.com)
- A discount of 10% is available to full-time students and seniors 65 and over.
- 10% off books and CDs and Sheepskins at Yoga West and Solace while in training
- 10% off yoga passes at Yoga West and Solace while in training
- Submitted with your application: a non-refundable fee of $200
- Special Early-bird Price: $3700 paid in full by Friday, October 1, 2021
- Option A: Total Tuition $3900 paid in full by Wed. October 27, 2021
- Option B: Payment Plan Total Tuition: $3900 + $150 Admin fee = $4050 total by Wed. Oct 27, 2021 $2000 / by Fri. Dec 17, 2021 $925 / by Fri. March 18, 2022 $925
- (All payments in plan must be made by post-dated cheques OR post-dated credit card authorizations by Oct. 20, 2021)
SOLACE & YOGA WEST
KRI LEVEL ONE KUNDALINI YOGA TEACHER TRANING PROGRAM
- We are pioneers in the Teacher Training domain, entering our 30th year of offering Level One Teacher Training here in Vancouver.
- We have an outstanding Team of Trainers to serve you, with decades of experience.
- Lead Trainer, Guru Raj Kaur Khalsa, brought Kundalini Yoga to Vancouver almost 50 years ago and is a Senior Legacy Teacher of this Dharma.
- The Yoga West studio offers a profound support before, during, and after your Teacher Training Program.
- Your group will be a large, dynamic, and diverse group which offers an exciting experience of group consciousness.
- The Yoga West Program is structured, professional, and experienced, offering you a sure formula for success!
- Our Yoga West Program is renowned for it’s excellence.
- We are carrying on this year with our program, though because of COVID restrictions.